Feb 15, 2012

Super Glue Experience

One of my worst nightmares!
This week I learned something very obvious: why we call super glue, well super glue. It is a rather dumb story that which I`m about to write, but whatever here it goes!
 I was repairing my earing, it has a zipper on it, but I don`t know how, it felt and it no longer looked aesthetically pleasing for me, so I rumage around the house for normal glue, but my mother told me that I`ll never repaired it that way; so she gave me the SUPPER GLUE! and left.

I as the good girl that I am took it to my room and try to squeez the glue out, but alas no luck, so I squeeze harder and puaj! Super glue eruption! It got on my desk, on the eraing and last but not least, on my hands. Like any normal person I stared at it and thought I`m in trouble, so I try to get it off they way you get normal glue off, bad idea! I just manage to smeer it all over my hand, so I calmed down and wait for it to dry (it got white and I thought: Eww) So I went online and (undeniably) found help. the fist two items were/are useless; this is why:

  1. Soak the skin in warm soapy water as soon as possible. Water does not get warm fast so it is a waste of time and water. (Fish need it!)
  2. Use an acetone nail polish remover. I ruined my nail, and it takes a lot of time, and acetone, so bad idea wate of money.
  3. Let the glue (of DOOM) dry and use a nail file to remove the glue. I try with both, the soft and the hard edge, and a bit, just a tiny little bit was rubbed off. (Again) Bad idea, waste of nail file, and bad exfoliation.
  4. Peel it out, once it is dry. Horrible idea, I thought I was skinning myself! This method cause mental trauma.
  5. Scrub it out with a pumice stone! I found out that this was an excellent method. All you have to do is put wet pumice and the affected area on warm water and scrub the dry glue off.
Hoping that someone out there gets super glue on his/her skin, finds this article and use it to his/her favor. Writing that phrase because I feel like, though I don`t wish it to anybody out there on the wild! I believe in karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment