Feb 17, 2012

Grammys 54th: Nicki Minaj


Nicki Minaj in her scarlet Versace

Nicki Minaj and her...umh.accesory?


I know that the Grammys 54th were on Sunday but either way, I`m also going to talk about them. 
Sure there was a lot of theatricalism! Not just in performances but also in disguises/clothes! One of the most remarkable was Nicki Minaj! She wore a scarlet (harlet <e for o>) Versace cap, with a Medusa embroidered face. And on top of it she ´accessorized it´ with a man on a pope disguise. And like Joan River`s said: "Little Red Hooker" Knowing how Nicki is this can be clearly stated.
 Obviously this has cause a lot of controversy and confussion, more with the Catholics. And left some people wondering: has she found a religion, or pure ´look at me!´? Nevertheless the cape was magnificent! It was one of my favorite, but at the same time it kind of reminded me of an Alexander Macqueen that once I saw.

















They have almost the same color, but while Nicki`s tend to be more of an expensive disguise, this one looks more vintage romantic.
(No offense made to the Versace couture house.)

I bet there were people wishing that Minaj`s Medusa had turned them into stone!

Why?
Because:She may not have walked away with an award for the mantlepiece last night, but Nicki Minaj certainly stole the show at the Grammy Awards with a jaw-dropping performance.
As if simply performing it wasn`t enough! She (or her alter demonic ego: Roman) confessed, and melt down; then endure an exorrcism and levitated in mid-air.




Nicki Minaj performance was really  mind-blowing!
But ofcourse Duh! it had to be, where else do you see a pope dancing?

The singer immediately came to its ( performace) defense and revealed to Access Hollywood that her single "Roman Holiday" is actually more than just a song - it's part of a movie that she's creating.

Minaj explained, “I made a movie — it’s called, Roman Holiday… and in that movie, this is what happens to that Roman character. So, I had to paint the picture. I can’t do a song like that and stand up there with a microphone and a band behind me – I have to paint the picture and I’m gonna always do that to the fullest."
This movie was inspired by the 1900s Exorcist movie, so that kind of gives an idea of how the movie might be. So, how going to rush and see it?


No comments:

Post a Comment